Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Delivering Wedding Invites

Hirap talaga mag-wedding.

Ria and I got the invites from Paperflair two weeks ago.  Inayos namin yung invitation list namin, and then last Friday, I started distributing them around the metro.  Paunti-unti lang ng una.  Mga sampu muna.  And then another 10 nung Saturday.

I went to Laoag on Sunday to deliver cement in Bacarra and attend session at the provincial capitol.  I was supposed to stay in Ilocos to deliver more cement in Pasuquin, Piddig and Bacarra, but I had to go back to Manila this week to deliver the invites.

It had to be this week.

Next week would be too late.

So, yesterday, Tuesday, kinareer ko ang pag-distribute.

I drove 25 kms to Congress to deliver invites to my former officemates in IPRS-PSAS.  Then I went to Gateway Mall to meet up with Von Capulong and to have some invites LBCeed since I didn't want to go to Pangasinan, Cebu or Laguna just to deliver them.  

And then I proceeded to Makati.  I parked my car sa Valero Car Park and walked around the Salcedo area delivering the invites to my classmates in law school who were now working in law firms in the Makati CBD.  Ang init, grabe.  At ang sakit-sakit ng paa ko (especially my heels).  Biglang naawa ako sa mga messengers ng mga companies.  Ang hirap din ng trabaho nila.  I can imagine na butas butas na mga medyas nila sa kalalakad.

Anyway, I'm digressing.

After that side of Makati, I walked back to my car and crossed Ayala Ave. to continue delivering the invitations.  Ang init init ng araw at ang sakit sakit ng paa ko.

Pagkatapos pumunta pa akong San Lorenzo Village at Palanan.

Grabe.

All in all, i was able to distribute 42 invites.

Today naman was Manila day.  Nag-distribute ako sa Senate, sa PNB, sa BSP at sa iba pang lugar ng Manila.  Pumunta rin ako ng Dasma at ng Forbes.

Tomorrow is another delivery day.  And then I have to head back to Laoag for Board Member work.  Iba naman poblema ko dun.  Yung logistics at yung reception venue naman kelangan ayusin dun.

Ria and I both can't wait for this wedding thing to be over.  It's so stressful.  

1 comment:

cecilethinks said...

Naimbag a malem yo Apo Ablan! Wow! I remember nong high school pa ko sa MMSU-Lab. (katabi lang ng stadium ang campus) don kami sa stadium nag-i-Intrams. Ang oval buhangin talaga. Now from your post mukhang malaki na ang ipinagbago (hopefully!).