Monday, September 08, 2008

Buying japanese bikes in Sto. Domingo, Ilocos Sur

Since I still had bike money from Wheels4Life I decided to purchase a different kind of bike for the remaining would-be recipients.  The recipients in Adams were asking if I could provide bikes that are ladies design or low-step, like the japanese bicycles.

So, I asked around the city where I could purchase those kind of bikes.  I was informed that they sold such a bike in Sto. Domingo, Ilocos Sur.

Last week, I went Sto. Doming, Ilocos Sur, in Poro Island to be exact and I found some houses selling japanese surplus and refurbished bikes.

They came in cheap.  The china-made mountain bikes I procured last month cost 2,600 each (wholesale price; otherwise, it would have cost as much as 2,800 to 3,000).  These bikes cost between 1,800 to 2,500, depending on the paint job, if there's a rack, bell, and/or basket.


Nakabili ako ng 7 bikes.  5 for Wheels4Life recipients in Dumalneg (to be delivered next week), 1 for my aunt Lydia and 1 for me (photo below)

Buti pick-up dala namin.  Pinagkasya namin yung 7.

Madami pang ibang klaseng bike meron nila.  Of course, they have mountain bikes and road bikes.  But they also have foldable bikes and kiddie bikes.

I only told them na dapat surplus talaga mga yun ha.  Di pwede na nakaw.  Umoo naman sila.

Gullible naman ako and I took their word for it.

Anyhoo, I plan on going back to buy more bikes to give away and pati na rin para pang-service sa bahay.
 

No comments: