Rules and Mechanics:
1. Theme: Photos must promote Ilocos Norte tourism by depicting any of the province’s tourist spots, or by featuring an activity unique to Ilocanos.
2. Eligibility. All photographers, professional or amateur, ages 15 and above, and residents of Ilocos Norte are eligible (Photographers under 18 must obtain parental consent). A maximum of five (5) entries per photographer will be allowed.
3. Camera Type. Any camera type, digital or film, is allowed to be used for the contest.
4. Contest Period. The Contest will run from November 1, 2007 to December 15, 2007 at 5:00 p.m. Photo exhibit will be from December 17-28, 2007 at the Provincial Capitol Lobby. Awarding of winners will be on December 21, 2007.
5. Submission of Entries:
a. Digital files: JPG format with a minimum width of 1024 pixels and a maximum height of 768 pixels (72 dpi). Digital files must be in CD.
b. Film entries should be submitted together with the negative.
c. Strictly no Photoshop (or any other software) manipulation for the submitted entries, except for cropping, red eye removal, and/or adjustment of contrast and brightness. Photographs that are inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion shall be disqualified.
Note: Photos thought to be outside of the above criteria may be removed from consideration without the entrant being notified.
d. Photo size. Photos entered must be 8” x 10” (8R) and mounted on illustration board with 1.5” border.
e. Entry Form. Entry forms are available at participating photo developing shops/centers and at Rm. 214 Ilocano Heroes Hall, Laoag City.
f. Submission. Address and submit entries at “Zoom IN Photo Contest”, Rm. 214, Ilocano Heroes Hall, Laoag City.
g. Photos must be taken in Ilocos Norte between January 1, 2007 and December 15, 2007 and should not have been previously entered in any photo contest.
h. All photos entered will be evaluated by a panel of at least three judges. Of the judges, none are professional photographers.
i. All entries and photographs submitted become the exclusive property of Office of Kristian R. Ablan (OKRA), and none will be acknowledged or returned. OKRA retains full editorial control over the selection of, and the decision not to select, any particular photograph for publication.
6. Criteria for Judging:
a. Creativity – 30% The amount of imagination, artistic merit, originality and expressiveness of the photo.
b. Relevance to the theme – 25% How well does the entry promote tourism for Ilocos Norte?
c. Quality of Presentation – 20% The amount of style, skill and craft that was put into the entry.
d. Visual Impact – 25% How well does the entry communicate?
Major Prizes: 1st Prize : Php 10,000.00 + Trophy + Overnight stay at Fort Ilocandia
2nd Prize: Php 7,500.00 + Trophy + Two (2) Round trip tickets to Manila via Cebu Pacific
3rd Prize: Php 5,000.00 + Trophy + Overnight stay at Sitio Remedios
Special Awards: Governor’s Choice: Php 5,000.00
Mayor’s Choice: Php 5,000.00
Gordion Travel & Tours Choice: Overnight Stay at Gordion Inn
Other Minor Prizes
8. Decision. Judges’ decision is final.
9. Disqualification. Employees of the Office of Kristian R. Ablan, Department of Tourism, Provincial Tourism Office, including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest.
10. Rights Granted. By submitting a photograph for consideration, you warrant and represent that the photograph you submit is your own original work, that you alone own copyright to the photograph, that it is an authentic and accurate depiction of the subject matter presented, that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph, and that you have obtained all third party releases and permissions necessary for our use. If OKRA receives a complaint that substantially questions the reliability of any of the above warranties, we reserve the right to remove or delete the photograph.
Entrants retain the copyright to their photographs, and all rights thereto, except as follows. OKRA shall have the right to edit, adapt and publish any or all of the descriptions and/or photos submitted, and may use them in any medium without attribution or compensation to the Entrant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to have their submitted photograph used and displayed, either singly or in combination with others and in any size, on the Ilocos Norte Official Website and in the Provincial Capitol and the Museo Ilocos, among other exhibition venues, without any fee or other form of compensation due at any time for so long as desired by OKRA. Photos will be credited to the Entrant named in the entry form.