My niece Anna and nephew Mike gave me this book, 12 Little Things Every Filipino Can Do To Help Our Country, last Christmas as a gift. It's written by Alexander Lacson and his wife. It's about what each of us can do to help make the Philippines a better nation. Maganda yung 12 suggestions niya. They're very doable and I think every Filipino should follow them.
Yun nga lang, I was a little bit dissappointed with his discussion. I expected to read something deep and profound, instead I got a hodgepodge of quotes and hollow examples. Sa akin lang, the message would've been better kung isang quote lang per topic para straight to the point. Eh hinde eh. Puro quotes. Sayang. Yung pinaka-okay lang na discussion was under "The 8th Little Thing" heading.
Anyway, for those of you who want to know what the 12 little things are, author Alexander Lacson enumerates them:
1. Follow traffic rules. Follow the law.
2. Whenever you buy or pay for anything, always ask for an official receipt.
3. Don't buy smuggled goods. Buy local. Buy Filipino.
4. When you talk to others, especially foreigners, speak positively about us and our country.
5. Respect your traffic officer, policeman and soldier.
6. Do not litter. Dispose your garbage properly. Segregate. Recycle. Conserve.
7. Support your church.
8. During elections, do your solemn duty.
9. Pay your employees well.
10.Pay your taxes.
11.Adopt a scholar or a poor child.
12.Be a good parent. teach your kids to follow the law and love our country.
As for Lacson's discussion of topic No. 8? Well, you have to buy the book and find out for yourself.