Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I haven't been to the office in weeks!

It's true, I haven't stepped foot in my office since last month. 

Don't get me wrong, I haven't stopped working.  In fact, I was able to pass 1 ordinance and 2 resolutions in that period (which is a lot, considering other local legislators finish a 3 year term without even passing a single ordinance).

It's just that I prefer to do my job at home, where I could concentrate...

AND so that I could avoid those come to my office for CHRISTMAS SOLICITATIONS. 

Now I learned my lesson from last year!  Last year I was at the office every day and every day sunod sunod yung mga nag-so-solicit sa akin nun.  Literally, naubusan ako ng pera.  I didn't have enough to buy gifts for my siblings (sa mga anak na lang nila).

Not this year!

November pa lang di na ako pumupunta sa office ko.  I hold staff meetings sa sala namin.  I do my research and draft my proposals in my room.  And go straight to the Capitol during sessions.

Meron pa rin nakakalusot, yung bang pag nalaman na wala ako sa office, pupuntahan talaga ako sa bahay.  It's okay.  At least hindi isang dosena at one time.

This Christmas, kahit na madami pa rin nabawasan sa bonus ko for Christmas Party Solicitations (You would think sa global recession Filipinos would opt to forego the Xmas Party, but NO, sige tuloy ang ligaya!) at least may na-save naman ako kahit konti.

Anyhoo, pag-January na tsaka na ako papasok uli sa opisina.

Til then, tago muna ako.

No comments: