Sunday, November 30, 2008

What the hell happened in Mumbai?!

What the hell happened over there?

one hundred fifty people dead, including foreigners!!

scores more injured!

in two five-star hotels, restaurants, train stations, police stations and a place of worship, ten places all in all!

Oh my god.

Hindi ko masikmura yung violation na ginawa ng terrorist group.  Even if I am thousands of miles away, i feel so violated.

Siguro I feel this way kasi kakagaling ko lang ng ibang bansa bilang turista, and it could have happened to me.

It's so disturbing.

Whenever I think of what happened in Mumbai, India, I get a rush of different emotions that I don't know how to express myself.  I don't know where to begin and what to say.

I'm angry and mad.

I'm scared and frightened.

I feel helpless.

Alam ko na!  It reminds me of what I felt during the 9/11 attacks.  I remember watching that on TV seven years ago.  Na-disturb ako nun at na-disturb ako ngayon.

Ang yabang kasi ng dating eh.  Imagine, they arrived on a Mumbai beach wednesday night and they travel on foot in pairs to their respective targets, all about 15 minutes away.

Once there they started lobbing hand-grenades and opening fire to whoever.  Instantly, ang daming namatay.

The brazenness.  Unbelievable.

Naawa ako sa mga turista.  Dami sa kanila namatay at nasugatan.  Americans, Brits, Australians, Japanese, even Filipinos.

I hope the men (and women) responsible for these 10 atrocious acts are brought to justice.  If found guilty (and we have CNN footage and countless of eye witness testimonies to back it up) they should be meted the steepest penalties.

What happened was unacceptable.  Sobrang kabastusan yung ginawa nila.

I hope and pray for the people of India.  I hope they are able to rise from this.

And for us here in the Philippines?  I hope PNP intelligence can do a lot better in terms of surveillance of terroristic elements.  Let us learn from the Mumbai attacks and do all that we can do to prevent such kind of atrocity from happening here.

No comments: