Monday, November 17, 2008

Gossip Girl: You know it's time to stop watching when...

You know it's time to stop watching a show when a male character has hooked up with all the female characters.

In the latest episode of Gossip Girl (Season 2 Episode 8) that I watched, the last scene showed Nate Archibald (played by Chase Crawford) kiss Jenny Humphrey (played by Taylor Momsen).

When I saw this I told myself, "That's it.  No more Gossip Girl for me!"

It's the Grey's Anatomy Effect.  

I used to like watching Grey's Anatomy.  I liked the concept of a group of new doctors trying to survive their internship in a hospital.  In its first season, the medical stories were very compelling and interesting.  The romance part was just decoration...  At least back then.

Then as the show progressed (or regressed), the medical stories took a backseat to the love triangle (or parallelogram or decagon) between the interns and doctors.  To the point where Meredith Grey slept with everyone!

Nung ganun na, I stopped watching the show.

And it looks like I'll be doing the same thing for Gossip Girl.  Ayoko na.

First Nate slept with Serena.

Then he's linked to Blair.

Then he has an affair with a much older and married Catherine.

Then he develops a close relationship with Vanessa during the summer.

Now he kisses Jenny!  What the hell?

Nate's the man-whore of the lot.  Although Dan is giving him a run for his money.

Dan's linked with Vanessa, Serena and Georgina.

As for Serena and Blair?  Well, they're not angels either.

Serena's hooked up with Nate and Dan.

Blair's been with Nate, Chuck and Lord Markus.

They're all sleeping with each other, it's becoming absurd!

That's it.  No more Gossip Girl for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

same with melrose place back then