Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Siopao and Mami for Lunch

The few times I am in Manila I spend it with my parents and Ria.  The other day, when Ria had to do some chores, I accompanied my Dad and step-mom to lunch in Ma Mon Luk restaurant (along Quezon Ave.)
The last time I went Ma Mon Luk Ricky Martin was still with Menudo, Cory was President and Richard Gomez was still a geeky looking teeny bopper actor:

This picture frame was just one of over a dozen others plastered on a wall as you enter the restaurant.  If the owners wanted to maintain an 80's look, they succeeded.  Everything looked liked it did over 25 years ago.  It's a piece of nostalgia right in the heart of Quezon City.

Anyhoo, my dad insisted on going here for lunch because he loved the siopao and mami.  Here he is enjoying both:

Notice the concentration on his face in pouring asado sauce on the siopao (which really is the best I've ever tasted):

Nothing could stop my dad with his meal.  He continued to savor his mami while answering a text message:

My dad really enjoyed his meal over in Ma Mon Luk.  In fact, we brought home a bag full of siopao for merienda.  As for me, I fell in love with the siopao.  Masarap talaga.  grounded ng mabuti yung meat, at konti lang ang taba.  I highly recommend it.  I wish I could say the same for the mami.  Ria loves it.  I personally didn't notice anything different with its taste.  Its like all mamis I've eaten.

This entry by no means whatsoever tries to poke fun at my dad, not at all.  I just wanted to show the politicians are people also, that they do regular everyday stuff like all of us.

And at the end of the day, I don't see him as a congressman.  Rather, I see him as my dad.

Belated Happy Birthday, Dad.  Love you lots!

No comments: