Thursday, March 29, 2007

Repercussions

Today I file my Certificate of Candidacy for the position of Board Member in the 1st District of Ilocos Norte.

When I file, there is no turning back for me.

I am ipso facto resigned from my office as Associate Solicitor II at the Office of the Solicitor General.

Section 66 of the Omnibus Election Code reads:

"Sec. 66. Candidates holding appointive office or positions. - Any person holding a public appointive office or position, including active members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, and officers and employees in government-owned or controlled corporations, shall be considered ipso facto resigned from his office upon the filing of his certificate of candidacy."

And if I lose in the elections, I will not be able go back to government service for one whole year. There is a prohibition for appointments kasi.

Section 6, Article IX-B of the 1987 Consitution says:

"Sec. 6. No candidate who has lost in any election shall, within one year after such election, be appointed to any office in the Government or any Government-owned or controlled corporations or in any of their subsidiaries."

These are the risks I will take once I file today.

Pero, sugod tayo!

FIGHT!

No comments: